Purpose of B.A.I.T.
• to help children make a positive changes in their behavior
• support local building teams that work with elementary-aged children who display severe, challenging behaviors
• to provide crisis support services
B.A.I.T program team members include: School Psychologist/Coordinator, para-educators and Day School Teacher. B.A.I.T. para-educators receive ongoing training in Applied Behavior Analysis, the functional behavior assessment process, observations, data collection techniques, as well as team building and collaboration skills.
Appropriate referrals would be students who...
• display significant aggressive behavior and/or extreme disruptive behavior
• continue to exhibit aggressive and/or disruptive behavior after ongoing assessments and implementation of various behavior supports & FBA/BIP implementation
• may require frequent restrictive interventions such as isolated time-out and physical restraints
• may be referred for the day program
The referral liaison would be the school psychologist.
• assistance with observations, data collection and all other components of a behavioral assessment
• intervention planning
• intervention implementation
• crisis support
• interagency collaboration assistance
• student involvement (could be direct, indirect or consultative)
• staff training
• student monitoring and data form creation
• curriculum suggestions
Crisis support services will be available to ALL students who engage in frequent episodes of extreme disruptive behavior and/or harmful forms of aggression.
Services could include assisting SIT and IEP teams in implementation of behavior interventions, crisis prevention & response planning and/or help with physical restraint procedures.
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may have articles.
ANW Education Co-op #603
710 Bridge Street
PO Box 207
Humboldt, KS 66748
Hours: 8am-4pm Central
DISTRICTS WE SERVE
Sheila Coronado - Assistant Director
Harry Heppler - Coordinator, Transportation Supervisor
Lynette Brungardt - ECSE Preschool Coordinator (All Districts)
Anne Brewer - Coordinator, Programs For Students With Intellectual & Severe Multiple Disabilities